Evolution Live Casino Games – FAQ
Ladbrokescasino.com present Live Casino.In this section we introduce some of the most frequently asked questions about Ladbrokes Live Casino.
If you have any questions regarding playing our Live Casino and can't find the answer here, please contact our customer service.
- Do I need to download a software to be able to play Live Casino games?
- Which wallet do I use to play on Live Casino with real money?
- Can I play in several tables at the same time?
- The video keeps freezing, what can I do?
- Where is the casino located and can I play there for real?
- What happens if I get disconnected during a game?
- How do I know the games are fair?
- What happens if the dealer makes a mistake?
- Can I say anything in the chat window?
- Can the dealers or pit bosses help me with questions about my account?
- I used to play different type of Live Casino games at Ladbrokes Casino, are they still available and where can I find them?
- What happens if the dealer announces an incorrect winning number on Roulette?
- What happens if the ball jumps out of the Roulette wheel?
- What if the dealer miss spins the ball on Roulette?
- Is my computer fast enough to run Live Dealer casino?
Do I need to download a software to be able to play Live Casino games?
No, Ladbrokes Live Casino doesn’t require downloading. Simply register an account and you can start playing directly from your browser. If you are new to Ladbrokes Casino, please read more about how to get started in our dedicated Getting Started section.
Which wallet do I use to play on Live Casino with real money?
The wallet you use for Live Casino is called ‘Gaming’. You can deposit money by logging on to your account and clicking the ‘Banking’ link on the right hand corner of the screen. On the Banking screen choose where you want to deposit by selecting 'Gaming' from the drop down field. Complete your deposit details and click on the 'Deposit' button. You can also transfer money from other product wallets by clicking ‘Transfer’ tab.
Can I play in several tables at the same time?
You can play only in one Live Casino table at a time. If you wish to play in several tables, you can play our instant or download Casino games while playing our Live Casino.
The video keeps freezing, what can I do?
The quality of your connection has an influence on the quality of the video stream. The product is optimised to run on a broadband internet connection, so we do not recommend playing using slower connection. If you are using a broadband connection, but the connection is constantly interrupted, you can try to improve the quality of the video stream by closing other windows, reduce the picture quality from the game menu, or resize your browser window to be smaller.
Where is the casino located and can I play there for real?
The games are broadcast from a studio in Latvia. The live casino is not open to the public and no real bets are accepted there.
What happens if I get disconnected during a game?
All bets that have been placed will stand and the game will continue. For instance, if you are playing blackjack and you cannot reconnect in time to make a decision, your hand will be classed as “stand” and the game will continue. In order to check your result click on the "history" tab/button in your live dealer game window.
How do I know the games are fair?
The gaming system has been tested and licensed by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission. To find out more about AGCC, please visit their website. All dealers and pit bosses are trained to professional casino standards, and all tables are subjected to 24 hour recording and monitoring. There is currently one pit boss for every two casino tables. The pit boss is monitoring all game play and chat at the tables to ensure fairness.
What happens if the dealer makes a mistake?
In the unlikely event of a dealer mistake the pit boss will be called. If the game can be continued fairly it will do so. Otherwise the game will be cancelled and all bets will be returned.
Can I say anything in the chat window?
The chat window is there for you to communicate with the dealers and pit bosses. They are happy to chat and answer any questions that you may have, with the exception of any of your account details (please see next question). Please notice that any abuse, harassment or bad language will not be tolerated in the chat. Players who do this will have their chat privileges suspended.
Can the dealers or pit bosses help me with questions about my account?
No, the dealers or pit bosses have no access to your account, payment details or any personal information. These queries should be sent to our customer service.
I used to play different type of Live Casino games at Ladbrokes Casino, are they still available and where can I find them?
You can still access the other Live Casino games, just click the Classic Live Games section under the Live Casino main tab.
What happens if the dealer announces an incorrect winning number on Roulette?
If the dealer declares an incorrect winning number by mistake, for example; 15 is the winning number, but the dealer accidently enters 14 as the winning number on their keypad, players will be notified in the live chat window that the result will be amended and accounts will be reconciled accordingly.
Accounts will be reconciled (credited or debited) according to the correct game result (correct result displayed on the video) and will be processed as follows:
- If the player’s hand is not affected by the error, then no action is taken (e.g.: the player lost as per the correct result of the game, no action will be taken).
- If the player’s hand was declared a winner due to such error, but should have lost according to the correct result, the winning amount and stake will be debited from the player’s account.
- If the player’s hand was declared a looser, but according to the correct result should have been a winner, then the winnings (including stake) will be credited to his account.
What happens if the ball jumps out of the Roulette wheel?
If the ball jumps out of the wheel, the supervisor will change the direction of the wheel and re- spin the wheel. The game is not cancelled.
What if the dealer miss spins the ball on Roulette?
The ball must make at least 3 spins around the wheel in order to be valid. If this does not occur all chips will remain on the table and the dealer will re-spin the ball.
Is my computer fast enough to run Live Dealer casino?Player requirements are as follows:-
- 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium III or 100% compatible
- 1 GB RAM
- Keyboard, mouse
- Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP or Vista
- SVGA graphics card capable of 800 x 600 resolution or higher
- Internet Explorer 6.0, Mozilla 2, Chrome 1.0.0154, Safari 3.0 or later
- Adobe Flash Player 9
- 256 kbps minimum